Coronavirus, COVID-19 Updates and Information Page
July 13, 2020 Update
As the Town of Parma and Hilton-Parma Parks & Recreation Department continue to actively monitor the Coronavirus, COVID-19, we have taken some increased precautions with guidance from the New York State, Monroe County Departments of Health and Hilton Central School District. At this time, we are taking the following additional actions with regards to activities at the Senior Center and Recreation Department:
Parks and Recreation Reopening Safety Plan and Guidelines (Click this link to view our program guidelines regarding COVID-19)
RECREATION and SENIOR CENTER UPDATE:
Upcoming Programs - Many in-person Recreation programs, services, events, and registrations are beginning to open up such as Summer Camp and Youth Baseball/Softball (Quickball). Please look for updates regularly.
Please see below for a list of any programs and services impacted (and if they are cancelled, suspended or postponed) as well information about refunds. Our full-time and administrative staff will be conducting business should you need to reach us via email or by phone at 392-9030. The office will be closed to the public.
We are working with the Monroe County Office for the Aging to assist senior community members who need food or supplies. For any seniors in need of assistance, please reach out to us at (585) 392-9030 to discuss available options. Please note that the Hilton Emergency Food Shelf is still open.
The Playgrounds, Tennis Courts, Disc Gold Course, Skate Park, Basketball Courts, restroom facilities, open spaces and trails at Parma Town Park are open. We ask that any park users practice proper hygiene and social distancing (wearing masks when they cannot maintain a distance of 6' personal space). Any facilities and amenities that bring people close together or have the tendency to collect and retain germs may be closed.
TOWN HALL UPDATE:
Town Hall Offices are conducting business and open to the public. Business transactions can be completed in-person by appointment or through the mail, Dropbox or phone call. Any receipts will be mailed out afterwards. Any resident who requires an in person meeting is instructed to contact the Town Hall first to make an appointment by calling 392-9461. Please note that the mobile DMV is not available until further notice.
Current Youth, Family, Adult, Senior, Rental Programming/Services/Events Impacted
- Youth Tennis Camp - Registration on Hold
- Girls Basketball Camps - Registration on Hold
- Pole Vaulting Camp - Registration on Hold
- Animal Adventure Night, May 1 - To be Rescheduled
- Community Wide Garage Sale, May 29/30 - Cancelled (Possible Fall Reschedule Date TBD)
- Senior Trips through August - Cancelled
- AARP Tax Appointments, T, TH, F - Cancelled
- Zumba, Mondays and Wednesdays - Suspended with Virtual Options
- ALL Senior Programs - Lunches, Evening Meals, Card/Game Groups, Senior Express - Suspended
- ALL Community Center Rentals/Gym Usage including Party Time, Basketball, Pickle Ball, etc. - Cancelled/Suspended through September 7 or until restrictions are lifted.
For any cancelled, suspended or postponed program, service or event due to the Coronavirus, we are offering full refunds, credits or transfers. Please know that some programs, services or events may be postponed and rescheduled. We will notify specific program participants with this information.
The situation is rapidly changing on a regular basis. As more information becomes available, we will regularly assess the situation and communicate all updates via Facebook, e-mail, our website and phone call (as needed).
The safety of our community is of the utmost importance to us. Please understand that these decisions have been made with an abundance of caution and are in the best interest of the community to protect everyone's health and wellbeing.
Along with the NYS/Monroe County Health Departments & Hilton School District, we will be reviewing this on a weekly basis and providing regular updates. General Information and Assistance regarding COVID-19:
The best way to prevent acquiring COVID-19 is to avoid being exposed to this virus. The New York State Department of Health reminds us of these simple steps we can take to focus on prevention to help stop the spread of COVID-19 and other respiratory viruses:
- Practice Social Distancing, staying 6' apart from others while in public.
- Wear protective masks when out in public and in areas where you cannot maintain proper Social Distancing.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue (or your elbow/arm), then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces, like your cell phone.
People who think they may have been exposed to COVID-19 should contact their health care provider.
To learn more about COVID-19, you may call the New York State Department of Health’s coronavirus hotline at 1-888-364-3065 with any concerns about symptoms or travel.
You may also contact Monroe County Health Department’s Coronavirus Hotline at (585) 753-5555.
In addition, here are some more resources with updates regarding this evolving situation:
NYS Department of Health Coronavirus Resources:https://www.health.ny.gov/diseases/communicable/coronavirus/
Monroe County Coronavirus Resources: https://www2.monroecounty.gov/health-coronavirus
Frequently Asked Questions by the CDC: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/faq.html